[asterisk-users] Need Help

John Todd jtodd at digium.com
Wed Jan 21 17:35:48 CST 2009

On Jan 21, 2009, at 8:41 AM, Gordon Henderson wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Jan 2009, Bayardo Sanchez wrote:
>
>> i need a program for monitorin my bandwitch of my asterisk server
>
> iftop
>
> will give you an instantaneous view, use snmp with something like
> mrtg to
> give you the long-term view.
>
> Gordon

Another is the "rate" program, which is part of the "bmtools"
package.  I might suggest downloading the newest "rate" package
independently and just use it standalone.  It uses standard "tcpdump"
BPF notation, so anyone familiar with tshark or tcpdump should be able
to run it from the command line to filter on whatever traffic they
want and it can put out second-by-second bandwidth usage on that set
of intercepted packets (or summaries.)

http://s-tech.elsat.net.pl/bmtools/

JT

---
John Todd                       email:jtodd at digium.com
Digium, Inc. | Asterisk Open Source Community Director
445 Jan Davis Drive NW -  Huntsville AL 35806  -   USA
direct: +1-256-428-6083         http://www.digium.com/