[asterisk-users] Need help registering Cisco 7960 Phones on Asterisk

Zeeshan Zakaria zishanov at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 09:52:05 CST 2009

Thanks for these scripts. Good thing is that now phone has got registered on
two servers.

Now a new weird problem I am having is that it is not loading all the
entries from SIPDefault.cnf. It is loading only proxy related settings and
ignoring the rest.

Also I have 6 lines on this phone, but it doesn't register if I set any
extension on lines 3 and above. It only registers first two lines.

Any idea what could be reason for this to happen?

Zeeshan

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 9:01 AM, D Tucny <d at tucny.com> wrote:

> Zeeshan,
>
> I've put them on a server so that you should be able to access them...
>
> http://astinfo.newportcoastsoftware.com/SIPDefault.cnf
> http://astinfo.newportcoastsoftware.com/SIPmacaddress.cnf

> 2009/1/21 Zeeshan Zakaria <zishanov at gmail.com>
>
> D Tuncy, if you don't mind, can you show me your config files which you are
>> using to successfully register phones on two servers. I tried various
>> different things, and once it got registered on two servers, but couldn't
>> dialout on any. Now it is again back on only one server and I don't remember
>> changing any proxy setting. I must be doing something wrong which I don't
>> know what it is.
>>
>> Zeeshan
>>

>> On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 1:58 AM, D Tucny <d at tucny.com> wrote:
>>
>>> That's not my experience...
>>> e.g.
>>>
>>> SIP Phone> show register
>>>
>>> LINE REGISTRATION TABLE
>>> Proxy Registration: ENABLED, state: REGISTERED
>>> line  APR  state          timer       expires     proxy:port
>>> 1     111  REGISTERED     115         98          192.168.1.1:5060
>>> 2     111  REGISTERED     115         98          192.168.1.12:5060
>>> 3     ...  NONE           0           0           undefined:0
>>> 4     ...  NONE           0           0           undefined:0
>>> 5     ...  NONE           0           0           undefined:0
>>> 6     ...  NONE           0           0           undefined:0

Zeeshan A Zakaria