[asterisk-users] About Asterisk 1.6.0.1

Sunil Teli tsunil at TechMahindra.com
Wed Jan 21 03:10:57 CST 2009

Hi asterisk users,

           I am in need of information about how to configure the
sip.conf and extension.conf for subscribers to support the dialog event
package rfc 4235. I am using asterisk 1.6.0.1 version.

The below are the configuration of sip.conf and extension.conf files
which I have done.

I have three subscribers as one from my application(App) and other are
x-lite1 and x-lite2 phone(X-lite)  the configurations are as below for
sip.conf.

My Scenario.

            I am using asterisk-1.6.0.1, I want to know that does it
support for the Dialog Event Package (As per the rfc 4235)).

If yes then what config files I have to change for the same.

Example of my scenario

Here   A is  My Application.

         B is X-lite Phone.

         C is X-lite phone.

1)       Register a subscriber A, and then subscribe it to (for Dialog
Event Package) B through asterisk.

2)        After subscribing I receive NOTIFY from asterisk.

3)       Now establish call between B and C both x-lite phones.

4)       After the call is established from B to C, then an NOTIFY
should be sent to A (for the change in the dialog event of B), further A
should get notified for any dialog change by the B.

 My problem.

Here App is subscribed to X-lite1 through asterisk for the dialog event
package, and X-lite1 calls X-lite2, here the dialog events of X-lite1
should be notified to App.

But I am getting 404 Not Found  for the Subscribe message, which I send
for Subscription to x-lite1 through asterisk.

I there any other way to solve this problem.

Please reply as early as possible.

Sip.conf

[general]

port = 5060 ; Port to bind to (SIP is 5060)

bindaddr = 192.168.1.243 ; x = Asterisk server IP address

disallow=all

;allow = ulaw ; Allow all codecs

;allow = alaw

context = bogon-calls ; Send SIP callers that we don't know about here

canreinvite=no

directrtpsetup=yes

nat=no

;subscribecontext= localextensions ;default

allowsubscribe=yes             ; Disable support for subscriptions.
(Default is yes)

[App]

type=friend

username=App

;regexten=1234                   ; When they register, create extension
1234

;secret=password

host=dynamic

context=from-sip

mailbox=App

disallow=all

allow = alaw

;canreinvite=no

;directrtpsetup=yes

subscribecontext=internal ;localextensions  ;default

allowsubscribe=yes

[X-lite1]

type=friend

username=X-lite1

;secret=password

host=dynamic

context=from-sip

mailbox=X-lite1

disallow=all

allow = alaw

;canreinvite=no

;directrtpsetup=yes

subscribecontext=internal ;localextensions  ;default

allowsubscribe=yes

[X-lite2]

type=friend

username= X-lite2

;secret=password

host=dynamic

context=from-sip

mailbox= X-lite2

disallow=all

allow = alaw

;canreinvite=no

;directrtpsetup=yes

subscribecontext=internal ; localextensions   ;default

allowsubscribe=yes

The below configuration is for extension.conf.

extension.conf

[general]

static=yes ; These two lines prevent the command-line interface

writeprotect=yes ; from overwriting the config file. Leave them here.

[bogon-calls]

[from-sip]

exten => App,1,Dial(SIP/App,20)

exten => App,2,Hangup