[asterisk-users] Asterisk queues sending calls to members on the phone

Scott Gifford sgifford at suspectclass.com
Tue Jan 20 22:58:37 CST 2009

Hello,

We're using Asterisk to manage call queues.  Queue members are
connected via IAX2 using the Zoiper softphone, and Zoiper is
configured with 2 lines.

We're finding that calls are routed to queue members even when they
are on the phone, on their softphone's other line.  For example, if a
queue member makes an outgoing call on line 1 or is handling a queue
call on line 1, the queue will often route calls to them on line 2.

When this happens, "queue show" shows the member's status in the queue
as "In use", so Asterisk seems to know that this member is busy.

We are using Asterisk 1.4.18, configuring our IAX users and queues
with the realtime extension.

Is this expected behavior, and if so is there any way to turn it off?
Or is this unusual behavior, and if so any tips on troubleshooting it?

Does anybody happen to know how Asterisk determines whether a queue
member is available to have a call routed their way?

Thanks!

----Scott.