[asterisk-users] Problem with TDM808

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Tue Jan 20 15:39:40 CST 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-20 at 15:30 -0500, Pascal Bruno wrote:
> I have just installed a Digium TDM808 (8 fxo port) on an Asterisk
> 1.6.3.  When I try making a call with a .call file, the call goes
> straight to the dialplan and start executing the dialplan even before
> the called party has pick up.  Anybody knows why by any chance?

That's not a problem with the TDM800 card... it's just a side-effect of
analog signaling.  For analog calls, the central office doesn't give any
type of signal when the far end has answered the call, so Asterisk has
no way of knowing when that happens. For that reason, Asterisk
immediately treats any outgoing analog call as having been answered.

--
Jared Smith
Digium, Inc. | Training Manager