[asterisk-users] dead sip channel

Brent Davidson brent at texascountrytitle.com
Tue Jan 20 14:13:33 CST 2009

Jerry Geis wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> try to set the rtptimeout value in sip.conf to a resonable value - so
>> asterisk will kill the channels if it does not receive rtp traffic for
>> the specified time
>>
>> regards,
>> Wolfgang
>>

> I uncommeted the rtptimeout=60 value in sip.conf and did a reload.
> It still hasnt dropped the dead call after a couple minutes now...
>
> Do I have to stop and start again? Was hoping it would just drop the
> call and continue on.
>
> Jerry
Sounds like the problem is that the slow computer is no longer accepting
calls after the first.  Is Asterisk running on that machine as well?  If
so, check to see what it says about the sip channels.  If not, you will
need to look into the software running on that machine and try to figure
out why it is either not hanging up or why it is dieing after it gets a
call.

-Brent