[asterisk-users] Setting up an outgoing trunk group

Darrin Henshaw DHenshaw at Ignition.bm
Tue Jan 20 12:22:09 CST 2009

I would use the ${DIALSTATUS} variable. In your dialplan dial the first trunk you wish, then afterwards examine the ${DIALSTATUS} variable. If that is not equal to ANSWER then dial your second trunk and so on.

For example:

exten => s,1,Dial(ZAP/1/${EXTEN})
exten => s,n,ExecIf($["${DIALSTATUS}" != "ANSWER"]|Dial|(SIP/out1/${EXTEN})
exten => s,n,ExecIf($["${DIALSTATUS}" != "ANSWER"]|Dial|(SIP/out2/${EXTEN})

That's kind of rough but it should work.

Cheers,

Darrin Henshaw | IT Administrator | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCSE 2003 | LPIC
Ignition Support Center | www.ignition.bm
Bermuda (441) 496-4319 | Cayman (345) 947-4357 | Halifax (902) 482-1288
Atlanta | Bermuda | Cayman | Halifax