[asterisk-users] Why does Asterisk not hangup?

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Tue Jan 20 09:23:36 CST 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-20 at 16:08 +0100, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> As my extension configuration stops after the Dial command I expect
> Asterisk to hang up the call. Instead I see on the console:
>    == Auto fallthrough, channel 'SIP/81.16.153.183-0883dea0' status is
> 'CONGESTION'

Auto-fallthrough means that Asterisk couldn't find any more priority
numbers for the current extension, so it had to guess what the correct
course of action was (whether to hang up, play congestion, etc.).

If you want it to hangup instead of playing congestion, simply add
another priority to your extension (right after the call to the Dial()
application) which calls the Hangup() application explicitly.

--
Jared Smith
Digium, Inc. | Training Manager