[asterisk-users] Description of Zaptel/DAHDI E1 alarms

Lukas Rypl rypl at marconi.ttc.cz
Tue Jan 20 06:40:53 CST 2009

asterisk-users at lists.digium.com Message-ID:

>> > I can't speak for all the possible states in the T1/E1 card driver, but
>> > I can state that typically in T1s and E1s you have three different
>> > general alarm states: RED alarms, YELLOW alarms, and BLUE alarms.  (This
>> > is a brief synopsis of the information we cover in the Asterisk Advanced
>> > training class.)
>
> [snip]
>
>> > I hope the explanation helps.
>
> You can also find it in the README of DAHDI:
>
> http://docs.tzafrir.org.il/dahdi-linux/#_alarm_types
>
> Commments would be welcomed
>
> -- Tzafrir Cohen

 Thanks for this detailed reply, amount of information exceeded my
expectation :)

 In dahdi_tool, there are three more indicators of error:
 IRQ misses
 Bipolar violation
 CRC error

 As I understand it now, these should be error counters and they provide
additional information in case of RED alarm state.

 Regards
 Lukas Rypl