[asterisk-users] Fring and Asterisk

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Tue Jan 20 02:32:19 CST 2009

> One thing to note about fring, the device establishes a connection using
> fring's proprietary protocols to fring servers, fring then establishes SIP
> connections from those servers... So, even if connected to the office Wifi
> connection, you could experience connectivity issues or high latency as a
> result of a potentially long path involved for the traffic to travel...

So, when in the office, whenever I'm calling someone using SIP and WiFi, for
both signalling and media, data would travel from mobile phone to WiFi
access point, then to switch, router, Fring server (at the other end of the
world), then back to my routeur, and Asterisk server, right ?

If think I'll try to compare this with a XMPP/Jingle-enabled client that can
be installed in mobile phone (I don't know if such software exist) ...