[asterisk-users] Description of Zaptel/DAHDI E1 alarms

Lyle Giese lyle at lcrcomputer.net
Mon Jan 19 19:56:59 CST 2009

Lukas Rypl wrote:
>  Hello,
>
>  I am missing any description of zaptel/DAHDI alarms. The TE200 series
> user manual contains only a description of LEDs states. These alarms
> states are visible in zttool/dahditool or in astersick CLI (zap show
> status) and I wonder what is the real meaning of these alarms for E1
> channel.
>
> Possible alarm states (based on zaptel.h 1.2):
>  1. No alarms
>  2. Recovering from alarm
>  3. In loopback (local loopback or far end?)
>  4. Yellow Alarm (is it only "Far end Loss of Frame"?)
>  5. Red Alarm (Loss of Signal?)
>  6. Blue Alarm (AIS?)
>  7. Not Open
>

>  Thank you for any help.
>
>  Lukas Rypl

Notes:
3 In loopback means I have been asked locally to provide a loopback of
some sort to somebody.

4 Yellow means the far end does not like the signal received for what
ever reason and the far end is trying to tell me the circuit is broken.

5 Red means I don't like the signal received. Could be framing issues,
could be CRC errors, could be no signal, could be ?????

6 Blue alarm means I am receiving AIS or all ones signal, can be framed
or unframed.

Lyle Giese
LCR Computer Services, Inc.