[asterisk-users] compare Linksys SPA8000 and Grandstream GXW4008

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 19 14:47:11 CST 2009

Thanks!

I've just ordered a Linksys SPA8000 to try it out and compare it with my Grandstream GXW4008 devices.

They are similar feature-wise. Linksys/Cisco should theoretically be a lot more stable/reliable...

The only thing I'm missing in the SPA8000 but is available in the GXW4008 devices are the dual ethernet ports (LAN/WAN).
However, I saw a video (youtube I think) where I saw a second NIC on the SPA8000 (called "aux"). Is it only for admin use or can it be used just like the other nic, to register to a PBX?

I'd like to give the SPA8000 NICs IP addresses on 2 different subnets, both connected to the same PBX server (but with two NICs) via 2 different switches (registration via DNS SRV). That's how I setup the GXW4008 and they work great if any one of the switches fails. I'm wondering if I can do that with the SPA8000 and what the second NIC on that device is for.

Vieri