[asterisk-users] Need help registering Cisco 7960 Phones on Asterisk

Zeeshan Zakaria zishanov at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 10:56:53 CST 2009

Hi everyone,

I googled this followed the instructions, but it hasn't work for me yet.

I have universal setting in SIPDefault.cnf and phone specific settings in
SIPXXXXXXXXXX.cnf. But it doesn't get registered.

I need to register it on two different asterisk boxes. So my
SIPXXXXXXXXXX.cnf looks like this:

phone_label: "Zeeshan A Zakaria"

line1_name: "523"
line1_displayname: "Zeeshan A Zakaria"
line1_authname: "523"
line1_password: "523"
line1_shortname: "x523"

line2_name: "523"
line2_displayname: "Zeeshan"
line2_authname: "523"
line2_password: "523"
line2_shortname: "x523"

line3_name: "224"
line3_displayname: "Zeeshan"
line3_authname: "224"
line3_password: "224"
line3_shortname: "x224"

SIPDefault.cnf contains default settings along with proxy info like this:

proxy1_address: "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"
proxy1_port: "5060"

proxy2_address: "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"
proxy2_port: "5060"

proxy3_address: "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"
proxy3_port: "5060"

Same settings work fine from Grandstream phone, and X-lite. What am I
missing on this Cisco phone configuration?

--
Zeeshan A Zakaria