[asterisk-users] [SOLVED] caller ID - handle_request_invite: Failed to authenticate user

Joseph syscon780 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 16:10:00 CST 2009

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009, Lyle Giese wrote:

>Joseph wrote:
>> We have a caller ID from our phone provider "Shaw Cable" (digital phone) and it was working OK until recently.
>> I get an error:
>>
>> WARNING[6769]: chan_sip.c:8553 check_auth: username mismatch, have <4>, digest has <pstn-4444>
>> NOTICE[6769]: chan_sip.c:14316 handle_request_invite: Failed to authenticate user THELMA
>> <sip:7804789998 at 10.10.0.103>;tag=50e17675d59121c4o1
>>
>> at this point call fails, it is not being passed through to asterisk.
>>
>> I'm using Linksys 3102, PSTN answer delay is set to 3sec. to allow for caller ID to pass through.
>> When I decrease timing to 1sec. or eliminate it 0sec the call goes through but there is no caller ID being forwarded.
>>
>> It was working OK for a while.  So I'm not sure if Shaw Cable have upgraded something on their
>> digital phone or there is a problem with asterisk/
>>
>> <4> is a Line1
>> <pstn-4444> is PSTN Line
>>

>Have you tried to extend that delay to 5 or 6 seconds? It's possible
>that caller id is being sent a second or two later/longer, but your 3
>seconds is now cutting off a portion of the caller id data.
>
>Lyle

Extending delay to 6sec. didn't help.
It is a SIP bug I believe and some temporary work around I was able to find on the net are:
insecure=invite
insecure=very
insecure=port,invite

Previously I had insecure=port but it stop working; changing it back to:
insecure=invite solved the problem.

--
#Joseph
GPG KeyID: ED0E1FB7