[asterisk-users] Asterisk T.38 Passthrough + T38Modem/Hylafax - has anyone had luck with this?

James Lamanna jlamanna at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 12:27:57 CST 2009

Hi,
I'm trying to get T.38 passthrough to work to T38Modem and Hylafax so
I can terminate T.38 faxes from an ATA.
However I haven't had much luck. I've tried two supposedly T.38
capable ATAs, the Grandstream 206 and the 502.
The 286 seems to connect to T38Modem, but Hylafax doesn't get any fax data.
The 502 never even gets fax tones from Hylafax, so it seems like its
t.38 is broken (or does t.38 not need fax tones)?
I'm using asterisk 1.4.22.1 in between the ATA and T38Modem for t.38
passthrough.

Any pointers on this would be extremely helpful.

Thanks.

-- James