[asterisk-users] CDR Rewrite -- Questions to the users

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Sat Jan 17 04:39:41 CST 2009

Grey Man <greymanvoip at gmail.com> writes:

> The trick with transfers is to forget about the src field for billing
> purposes and make sure the accountcode for the call is set in
> accordance with the business rules. For example if two customers A and
> B are talking to each other and A blind transfers B to a billable
> destination Z then who pays for the call from B to Z? There is no
> right answer but as far as the CDRs are concerned it's irrelvant as
> long as each call is recorded and the accountcode can be set within
> the dialplan both choices can be accomodated.

Only if the dial plan actually gets enough information to set the
accountcode, which at least historically wasn't the case for Asterisk.
In 1.2.x, you couldn't in the dialplan tell if a call went A->B or
A->C(SIP redirect)->B. BLINDXFER didn't get set correctly in all
cases.

The alternative is to use the built-in accountcode from sip.conf; I
haven't verified how well that actually works. It won't work if you
need to distinguish two different phones behind a SIP trunk, but I
don't think anything can, so we can forget about that case.

/Benny