[asterisk-users] Snom 300 vs Grandstream gxp

Hans Witvliet hwit at a-domani.nl
Fri Jan 16 16:35:10 CST 2009

On Fri, 2009-01-16 at 15:52 +0000, Julian Lyndon-Smith wrote:
> Can anyone who has used both comment on the pros and cons ? Need to buy
> about 30 of these, for a small company with limited IT support.

For evaluation a got a couple of different phones.

gxp2000, cheap, but it works, some people (not me) have lots of problems
with them. 4-sip-users per phone. no VLAN support.

GXP-budget, even cheaper, but works, just one single sip-user per phone.

snom320, bit more expensive, also works great, easy to upgrade.
Latest version even got v6-support. all versions have VLAN support,
6-sip-users per phone. Easy to configure with web-interface.

Siemens optipoint 410, something to avoid! (even it it were less
expensive) If power/lan are plugged in wrong order, you get an instant
brick, as the firmware is wiped and no possibility to get it back.

I mention VLAN support, in case you don't have separate lan's it might
be worthwhile if a lot of data passes through the rest of the lan....

hw