[asterisk-users] ATA gateway with 2 ethernet interfaces

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 16 14:05:23 CST 2009

Hi,

I'm looking for an 8+ FXS ATA gateway (at least 8 ports but preferably at most 24 ports) with 2 ethernet interfaces for network/switch redundancy.

So far I've only found the Grandstream GXW4008.

I've searched similar brands such as Linksys and higher-end brands such as Quintum, but they all seem to have just one NIC. So, if the switch the ATA is connected to fails then I'm out of business (at least until I replace the switch but that's usually too long for a busy system).

The GXW4008 device is very useful for this scenario. It has 2 RJ45 ports (called WAN and LAN) and I've set them up in two local subnets. Not only does the ATA keep working without human intervention if one of the switches goes down but if both switches are up it can load balance between the two (simply by using DNS SRV with the same weights).

Unfortunately, Grandstream in general doesn't seem to be very reliable although the latest GXW4008 firmware has proven to be quite stable in my case (previous releases were buggy).

So I'm looking for alternatives to the GXW4008, even if it has to cost me more money. Does anyone know of an 8+ FXS ATA brand/model with 2 ethernet interfaces?

Thanks in advance.

Vieri