[asterisk-users] Portech MV-378 with Asterisk

Marco Signorini marcotasto at libero.it
Fri Jan 16 10:01:21 CST 2009

Pascal Bruno wrote:
> Thanks for your reply!
>
> Can you tell me what you have in your Portech configuration settings
> (Mobile to Lan Settings; Sip Proxy settings etc...)  My sip.conf file
> is pretty similar to yours but still cant register.
>

> On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 3:47 AM, Marco Signorini <marcotasto at libero.it
> <mailto:marcotasto at libero.it>> wrote:
>
>     Emmanuel Pascal Bruno wrote:
>>     Has anyone been able to configure portech's mv-378 gateway with
>>     asterisk?
>>
>>     I did the configuration as per the manual but it does not work.
>>
>>     My server sees the portech gateway, but when the gateway is
>>     trying to register to my server it fails.  It says peer is not
>>     suppose to register.
>>
>>     The gateway and the asterisk box are on two different location
>>     (two network, 2 differrent IP address).
>>
>>     I would appreciate any kind of tutorial or advice on how to make
>>     it work.
>>
>>     Thanks
>
>     Hi,
>     I've an installation working with Portech MV-370. I'm supposing
>     it's quite similar to what you have. If it could be useful to you,
>     this is my sip.conf configuration file.
>
>     [GSMGtw1]
>     type=friend
>     context=from-gsm
>     host=dynamic                    ; we have a DHCP assigned address
>     secret=reallyverysecret
>     nat=no                          ; there is not NAT between phone
>     and Asterisk
>     canreinvite=no
>     dtmfmode=INFO
>     insecure=invite                 ; required to overcome
>     authentication problems in incoming calls
>     call-limit=1                       ; permit only 1 outgoing call
>     at a time
>     disallow=all
>     allow=ulaw
>     allow=alaw
>     allow=gsm
>     qualify=500
>
>     I remember that I've found a bug on the firmware that prevents to
>     the unit to register correctly on my asterisk box unless I'm using
>     the raw IP address instead of the name of the asterisk box. I
>     remember something wrong in cryptography chiper/dechiper based on
>     realm... So, if you have problems, let's try to specify the
>     asterisk raw IP address in the Portech.
>
>     Best regards,
>     Marco Signorini.

Hi,

I don't know if the problem could be in the Mobile to Lan or Lan to
Mobile settings because these  settings are related on how calls coming
from/to mobile are routed.  I didn't use the Portech routing features at
all because I need a simple GSM gateway to/from the asterisk box.
For this reason:
1. The only rule I've on Mobile to Lan is CID=*; URL=mob at 192.168.0.5
where "mob" is the extension I've generated in the asterisk box under
the context where the Portech operates;
2. The only rule I've on Lan to Mobile is URL=*; Call Num=#

I think the most relevant parameters for your problem are under the
"Service Domain" menu option (assuming that the firmware you have is
similar to what I've). On this menu I've compiled the 1st Realm (as I've
only one account) like that:

UserName: GSMGtw1
RegisterName: GSMGtw1
RegisterPassword: reallyverysecret
Domain Server: 192.168.0.5
Proxy Server: 192.168.0.5

Pay attention that, having specified the Domain Server with the raw IP
address, asterisk needs to be able to authenticate peers associated to
that. For this reason I've set:

domain=192.168.0.5

on sip.conf [general] section (remember to issue a sip reload from
asterisk cli).

Hope this helps!

Best regards.
Marco Signorini