[asterisk-users] Digium TE220 supported protocol

Benoit maverick at maverick.eu.org
Fri Jan 16 05:29:43 CST 2009

Laurent a écrit :
> Those terms would be ISDN-related. VN4 is Version Number 4, and
> ETSI is the European standards-adopting organization for telecoms.
> So you might want to check for "E1 support" (ISDN in Europe,
> basically) if you want to connect a PRI-capable equipment - I
> assume that's what you are looking for since you mentioned the TE220.
>
> If you read French, you might want to look at this page also:
>
> http://blog.nicolargo.com/2008/01/installation-dune-carte-digium-avec-asterisk.html
>
> I found it very useful when I installed recently a TE220 card.

Hi,

yes it's for connecting an PRI line. In fact i already have one PRI
connected to a 'real' PRI line,provided
by France Telecom. But this one is a little bit special, it's for
connecting to this kind of box:
        http://www.oneaccess-net.com/en/one400.htm

Which is a SDSL/PRI gateway (yes, i asked for a direct SIP/H323
connection, but "it's not in our product line" was
the only answer ..).

Until know the L1 link doesn't goes up, so i'm looking for every bit of
info i can use. The FT line is configured like that:

    span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3
    bchan=1-15
    dchan=16

And work quite well, i've duplicated this for the access thru the One400
box:
    span=2,0,0,ccs,hdb3
    bchan=32-46
    dchan=47

With no luck until now. I'm reading the one400 manual, and here are the
defaults setup for the PRI interface:

              CLI(config)# interface pri 5/0
              CLI(config-if)# physical-interface E1
              CLI(config-if)# framing Df
              CLI(config-if)# linecode hdb3

And here are the available framing:

           CLI(config-e1)# framing {none | df | mf | emf}
    Specifies the framing type.
        None: no framing. Only used for CES / unstructured mode
        Df: double frame, no CRC4. For E1 only. (Default value)
        Mf: multiframe (CRC4). For E1 only
        Emf: extended multiframe (CRC4). For E1 only.
        Sf: Super-frame (for T1 only)
        Esf: extended super frame (for T1 only)

I also found this:

    The ONE 400 supports CCS mode (transport of
    signaling messages over a D channel). CAS (Channel Associated
    Signaling) mode is not supported.

However there is no references to this 'double frame' mode in the
dahdi/system.conf span configuration options
# framing::
#   one of 'd4' or 'esf' for T1 or 'cas' or 'ccs' for E1 and BRI.
#  'd4' could be referred to as 'sf' or 'superframe'