[asterisk-users] Portech MV-378 with Asterisk

Marco Signorini marcotasto at libero.it
Fri Jan 16 02:47:31 CST 2009

Emmanuel Pascal Bruno wrote:
> Has anyone been able to configure portech's mv-378 gateway with asterisk?
>
> I did the configuration as per the manual but it does not work.
>
> My server sees the portech gateway, but when the gateway is trying to
> register to my server it fails.  It says peer is not suppose to register.
>
> The gateway and the asterisk box are on two different location (two
> network, 2 differrent IP address).
>
> I would appreciate any kind of tutorial or advice on how to make it work.
>
> Thanks

Hi,
I've an installation working with Portech MV-370. I'm supposing it's
quite similar to what you have. If it could be useful to you, this is my
sip.conf configuration file.

[GSMGtw1]
type=friend
context=from-gsm
host=dynamic                    ; we have a DHCP assigned address
secret=reallyverysecret
nat=no                          ; there is not NAT between phone and
Asterisk
canreinvite=no
dtmfmode=INFO
insecure=invite                 ; required to overcome authentication
problems in incoming calls
call-limit=1                       ; permit only 1 outgoing call at a time
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
allow=gsm
qualify=500

I remember that I've found a bug on the firmware that prevents to the
unit to register correctly on my asterisk box unless I'm using the raw
IP address instead of the name of the asterisk box. I remember something
wrong in cryptography chiper/dechiper based on realm... So, if you have
problems, let's try to specify the asterisk raw IP address in the Portech.

Best regards,
Marco Signorini.