[asterisk-users] Digium TE220 supported protocol

Laurent asterisk at voip.nc
Fri Jan 16 00:51:54 CST 2009

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 06:11:59PM +0100, Benoit wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Our potentiel next phone provider ask me a question i can't answer for sure,
> maybe someone here knows ?
>
> He says that is equipement only support VN4 protocol or more, or ETSI,
> however i can't find matching terms in the digium documentation or
> the chan_dahdi/dahdi/system.conf files...

Those terms would be ISDN-related. VN4 is Version Number 4, and
ETSI is the European standards-adopting organization for telecoms.
So you might want to check for "E1 support" (ISDN in Europe,
basically) if you want to connect a PRI-capable equipment - I
assume that's what you are looking for since you mentioned the TE220.

If you read French, you might want to look at this page also:

http://blog.nicolargo.com/2008/01/installation-dune-carte-digium-avec-asterisk.html

I found it very useful when I installed recently a TE220 card.

Good luck,
Laurent