[asterisk-users] evaluate SIP response codes in dialplan

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Thu Jan 15 13:07:07 CST 2009

Hi Olle,

Johansson Olle E schrieb:
> 14 jan 2009 kl. 18.57 skrev Philipp Kempgen:
>> Klaus Darilion schrieb:

>>> This is IMO a stupid limitation. There are dozens of ISDN cause
>>> codes,
>>> dozens of SIP response codes and similar in other protocols, but
>>> Dial()
>>> only exports BUSY or CONGESTION ......
>>
>> I know. But the developers didn't want to add it.
>
> Which is incorrect. We don't want to add expose every protocol to the
> dialplan if not needed.

The "if not needed" part causes lots of discussions in this
case.

> As Josh and I've stated, we have the
> HANGUPCAUSE that gives you this level of detail, but in a
> multiprotocol way.

Some (no so) subtle differences get lost.

> It would be really bad if I had to
> write one app for every protocol covered by my dialplan.

True. But it would be a plus if you *could* do that in order to
fine-tune the behavior if you wanted to.

I still think we need a SIP_CAUSE channel variable. :-)

   Philipp Kempgen

--
AMOOCON 2009, May 4-5, Rostock / Germany   ->  http://www.amoocon.de
Asterisk: http://the-asterisk-book.com - http://das-asterisk-buch.de