[asterisk-users] Dropping this SIP message, it's incomplete

Grey Man greymanvoip at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 04:42:36 CST 2009

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 12:18 AM, David @ULC <ucoms2001 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am getting this Error on my Asterisk.
> How to solve it ?
> "ERROR[2654]: chan_sip.c:11355 handle_request: Missing Cseq. Dropping this
> SIP message, it's incomplete."

If the error message being reported by Asterisk is correct and there
is no CSeq header then Asterisk should and is correct to drop the
request. The CSeq header is mandatory in all SIP messages and it's not
something that a SIP server should try and accomodate.

The fix is to determine which device or server is sending the faulty
requests and ask the manufacturer to fix it.

Regards,

Greyman.