[asterisk-users] evaluate SIP response codes in dialplan

Johansson Olle E oej at edvina.net
Thu Jan 15 02:26:55 CST 2009

14 jan 2009 kl. 18.57 skrev Philipp Kempgen:

> Klaus Darilion schrieb:
>> Philipp Kempgen schrieb:
>>>
>>> No.
>>> Part of the reasoning is that Asterisk is meant to be a multi-
>>> protocol PBX, not a SIP softswitch.
>>
>> This is IMO a stupid limitation. There are dozens of ISDN cause
>> codes,
>> dozens of SIP response codes and similar in other protocols, but
>> Dial()
>> only exports BUSY or CONGESTION ......
>
> I know. But the developers didn't want to add it.

Which is incorrect. We don't want to add expose every protocol to the
dialplan if not needed. As Josh and I've stated, we have the
HANGUPCAUSE that gives you this level of detail, but in a
multiprotocol way.

The most important feature of Asterisk is that it's a multiprotocol
PBX. Even if I think there's only one protocol for the future, there's
still a lot of old stuff out there and the beauty is that I can
produce services in asterisk covering all of these without knowing the
details of all these protocols. It would be really bad if I had to
write one app for every protocol covered by my dialplan.

/O