[asterisk-users] Zap problems

Geoff Lane geoff at gjctech.co.uk
Wed Jan 14 16:55:04 CST 2009

Hi All,

I'm running Asterisk 1.4.22.1 on a CentOS 5 machine fitted with a
TDM400P. When I upgraded from Asterisk 1.2.12.1, Zap stopped working.
Doing "zap show channels" etc from the Asterisk CLI results in an
error saying there's no such command.

The machine has Zaptel 1.2.9.1, which I've tried to repair with make
clean, make linux26, then make install but to no avail so I thought
it's time to bite the bullet and move to DAHDI. After installing DAHDI
2.1.0.3 I get an error saying that the hardware is already in use.
I've tried to uninstall Zaptel as follows:

- running /etc/init.d/zaptel stop
- running /bin/modprobe -r zaptel
- running make clean from the zaptel installation directory

However, on rebooting Zap still loads, which causes DAHDI to throw an
error.

I'm currently downloading the latest version of CentOS with a view to
rebuilding this machine to use DAHDI from the start if I can't sort
this out - but I'd rather fix what I've got if possible.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

--
Geoff