[asterisk-users] mISDN BRI Asterisk 1.4

Francesco Peeters (linux) francesco at fampeeters.com
Wed Jan 14 16:47:37 CST 2009

Lee Wilson wrote:
>>> Also, I guess at this point it doesn't matter for
>>>
>> L1, but should I be using Point-To-Point or
>> Point-To-Multipoint?
>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>> Yes, you would still need to configure mISDN correctly as
>> well! And
>> AFAIK you will need to use PTMP, as that is what the router
>> would expect...
>>
>> --
>> Francesco Peeters
>>

> Thanks for clarifying I've double-checked that it is running ptmp but still no link lights.  Anyone got other suggestions?
>
> Regards
>
> Lee

Are you using an ISDN cross cable? I don't know these cards, but most
cards are wired as a DTE type device (TE port like a router or phone)
and not a DCE type device (NT box). So you might have Tx-Tx and Rx-Tx
instead of Rx-Tx and Tx-Rx... ;-)

(Note that ISDN cross cables are definately NOT the same as a CAT5E
cross cable!)

--
Francesco Peeters
Ubuntu all the way!