[asterisk-users] IAX Java Softphone?

Roberto Fichera kernel at tekno-soft.it
Wed Jan 14 12:36:07 CST 2009

Tim Panton ha scritto:
> On 14 Jan 2009, at 18:02, Roberto Fichera wrote:
>

>> Tim Panton ha scritto:

>>> I designed it as a Java applet, so the top level needs Javascript and
>>> DHTML from the
>>> browser to provide a UI.
>>> That said, It wouldn't be very hard to write an application class and
>>> some
>>> UI classes to turn it into a stand-alone application , but that
>>> depends on the
>>> complexity of the UI you want.
>>>

>> I'm interested to use it as IAX2 API within my UI, so something like:
>>
>> - open IAX2 channel
>> - call 123456
>> - answer a call
>> - close IAX2 channel
>>
> It is definitely capable of that with an added class or 2.

Could you point me in the proper source code so I can have a look in?
> - but remember it is GPL, so you would 'taint' the rest of your code
> - if it isn't already GPL.

I generally follow the rule than if the library is GPL and if the end
user ask for the source
code I'll provide the source code as it should. If I made some changes
in the GPL code, it
will be always released to the original author. In all cases the GPL
libraries are always mentioned
as they are in our custom applications. We generally use jfreechart,
jasper report and so on
in our applications with this rules. Wouldn't be sufficient for you ;-)?