[asterisk-users] evaluate SIP response codes in dialplan

Wed Jan 14 07:02:34 CST 2009

Hi!

Is it somehow possible to evaluate the SIP response code inside the
dialplan?

I have an Asterisk server which forwards requests to various PSTN
gateways with SIP. If the Dial() attempt is not successful I want to
differ at least these 3 options:
- called destination is busy (486): e.g. activate auto-redial
- called destination does not exist, unassigned number (404)
- gateway is broken, error, circuit busy (e.g. 503)

486 is mapped to DIALSTATUS=BUSY
but both 503 and 404 is mapped to DIALSTATUS=CONGESTION

As when Asterisk forwards the response with SIP to the caller the same
response code is used, I suspect this information must be stored
somewhere inside the channel variable. So, are there any means to access it?

thanks
klaus