[asterisk-users] gxp2000 and no sound asterisk 1.6

Ralf Träskman ralf at adlibris.com
Wed Jan 14 04:02:37 CST 2009

Hi

Yes we use voip as external.

/ralf

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com [mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Gordon Henderson
Sent: den 14 januari 2009 10:46
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] gxp2000 and no sound asterisk 1.6

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009, Ralf Träskman wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a grandstream gxp-2000 and trying it on an asterisk 1.6.
>
> When I call internally between extensions I can hear the other person
> in the gxp2000, but when I call externally from the gxp I can't hear
> the person on the other end, but he can hear me.
>
> How do you configure the grandstream 2000 to work on asterisk 1.6?

First, upgrade your asterisk to 1.2 ... ;-)

What is the external connection? Is it VoIP, PSTN, or ... ?

If it's VoIP then it's almost certian to be a NAT problem with your network/router.

There's no magic in setting up GXP2000's - they're fairly straightforward, and if you can do phone to phone, (via an asterisk) they're probably OK.

Let us know more about the external connection technology...

Gordon