[asterisk-users] Asterisk Appliance

Bob Pierce pierceb at westmancom.com
Tue Jan 13 16:36:26 CST 2009

I'm looking for some info on the Asterisk Appliance.

I understand it has a gui, but can I still do all the dialplan config
that I'm used of doing by hand outside of the gui? If I really wanted
to, could I even ignore that the device has a gui and do all my config
in the files? I guess I'm just wondering if it will be as flexible as a
'vanilla' asterisk install from source on a linux system.

Also, from those who are using these devices, what has your experience
been? Are they stable? Do they seem to have enough horsepower and
storage space for an SMB with up to 50 phones? Some older specs stated
they would be appropriate for businesses with 2-50 users, while the
current spec on the Digium site states they are appropriate for 2-20
users.

The application I'm thinking of would be VoIP only with a g.711 SIP
trunk and g.711 phones.

Thanks for your input.

Bob