[asterisk-users] mISDN BRI Asterisk 1.4

Lee Wilson leefm40 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 13 12:03:04 CST 2009

Good Evening,

The company I work for is attempting to connect an Cisco ISDN Router to an OpenVOX B200P BRI Card so that we can get it to dial out across an existing ISDN PRI Line also installed in the Asterisk PBX

Everything has compiled successfully and the BRI card has been detected when mISDN is started:

# misdnportinfo
Port  1: NT-mode BRI S/T interface port (for phones)
 -> Interface can be Poin-To-Point/Multipoint.
--------
Port  2: NT-mode BRI S/T interface port (for phones)
 -> Interface can be Poin-To-Point/Multipoint.
--------

However when checking in Asterisk Layer 1 is always down even though the Router is connected:

*CLI> misdn show stacks
BEGIN STACK_LIST:
  * Port 1 Type NT Prot. PMP L2Link DOWN L1Link:DOWN Blocked:0  Debug:0
  * Port 2 Type NT Prot. PMP L2Link DOWN L1Link:DOWN Blocked:0  Debug:0

I've tried configuring the Ports on the BRI card to be in both TE and NT Mode (as shown above) as well as using link=ptp or ptmp in the mISDN.conf file:

<mISDNconf>
        <module poll="128" debug="0" timer="no">hfcmulti</module>
        <module debug="0" options="0">mISDN_dsp</module>
        <devnode user="root" group="root" mode="644">mISDN</devnode>
        <card type="BN4S0">
                <port mode="nt" link="ptp">1</port>
                <port mode="nt" link="ptp">2</port>
                <port mode="nt" link="ptp">3</port>
                <port mode="nt" link="ptp">4</port>
        </card>
</mISDNconf>

When plugging the Cisco router into our existing Nortel switch the Link light comes up immediately. But on the new Asterisk PBX the BRI card is constantly flashing Red with no lights on either Channel 1 or 2 on the Router.

I'd appreciate any help that can be offered.

Thanks

Lee