[asterisk-users] FXS Help Needed...

Gregory Malsack gmalsack at gmellc.com
Mon Jan 12 16:28:14 CST 2009

Hello All,

I have a need to connect an analog device to an asterisk server. The analog device has 4 analog lines going into it (it’s a fax solution). The fax solution answers the analog call, then listens for dtmf. The dtmf code that is played tells the fax device what email address to send the fax to. All calls on our system come into the server through a PRI. The faxes come in over a PRI, the current phone system routes the faxes to the device, then sends the dtmf, then bridges the fax transmission.

Does anyone know how I can do this on an asterisk system? I have the PRI card, and have an 8 port fxs card in the system as well. Is it as easy as picking up the line and dialing the 4 digit dtmf, just like it was an fxo port?

Thanks,

Greg

Checked by AVG.