[asterisk-users] CDR Rewrite -- Questions to the users (Steve Murphy)

Anthony Francis anthonyf at rockynet.com
Mon Jan 12 13:46:58 CST 2009

David fire wrote:

> 2009/1/12 Russell Brown <russell at lls.lls.com <mailto:russell at lls.lls.com>>
>
>     Quoth Steve Murphy...
>     >Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 08:51:03 -0700
>     >
>     >QUESTIONS:
>     >
>     >Which of the two would you see being useful to you?
>
>     Obvious comment really but given LEG based CDR, one can determine the
>     'Simple' data but you can't work it the other way.
>
>     I'd therefore find LEG based CDR more useful as the granularity
>     (time on
>     Hold, in Queue, Waiting on pre-xfer ring etc etc) would be good.
>

>     --
>      Regards,
>         Russell
>

> hi
> one question, i will need to rewrite all my apps that use the cdr?
> and the queue_log will be rewrited?
> thanks

I have found that it is easier to use queue events rather than the queue
log, I have my own custom build of asterisk in which I send everything
that would be written to the queue log to the AMI, and then I use a perl
script that watches for those events and writes them to a DB. I would
recommend doing something similar as it makes adapting to changes in the
structure easier.

Anthony