[asterisk-users] WCTDM/Zaptel memory leak

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Mon Jan 12 11:15:00 CST 2009

I have a bit of a memory leak in Asterisk 1.2, but only when using an
analogue card (TDM400 or equivalent) and wctdm + zaptel

Asterisk eventually grows over a period of days/months (depending on how
busy it is) then crashes and burns. I've seen it with all versions of
asterisk up to 1.2.31, but only ever with an analogue card fitted, using
wctdm. VoIP only, or systems with ISDN2 and ISDN30 cards are as stable as
ever.

So I'm wondering if this is still observed in 1.4 or if there was an
obvious fix that was never back-ported to 1.2?

Thanks,

Gordon