[asterisk-users] AEL question: testing channel variables

Allann Jones allanjos at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 20:30:42 CST 2009

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+variables
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+Dialplan+Globals

Beware with the variable scope, if its scope is local the values can
be lost, so declare the variable as global when its value must persist
between calls.

[globals]

   FOOBAR => NO

[some_context]

if (${FOOBAR}=YES) {
}

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 2:53 PM, Philipp Kempgen
<philipp.kempgen at amooma.de> wrote:
> Klaus Darilion schrieb:
>> I use the following condition:
>>
>> if (${FOOBAR}=YES) {
>> }
>>
>> The problem is, that if FOOBAR is not defined at all Asterisk generates
>> a warning:
>>
>> WARNING[11982]: ast_expr2.fl:407 ast_yyerror: ast_yyerror():  syntax
>> error: syntax error, unexpected '=', expecting $end; Input:
>> =YES
>>

>> Of course I could use the following code, but this bloats up the code:
>>

>> if (${EXISTS(${FOOBAR})}) {
>>    if (${FOOBAR}=YES) {
>>    }
>> }
>>

>> Is there another syntax to have nice looking code but avoid the warning?
>
> if ("${FOOBAR}"="YES") {
> }
>
> or
>
> if (x${FOOBAR}=xYES) {
> }
>

>   Philipp Kempgen
>
> --
> AMOOCON 2009, May 4-5, Rostock / Germany   ->  http://www.amoocon.de
> Asterisk: http://the-asterisk-book.com - http://das-asterisk-buch.de
> AMOOMA GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied  ->  http://www.amooma.de
> Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer, Handelsregister: Neuwied B14998
> --

Allann J. O. Silva

"I received the fundamentals of my education in school, but that was
not enough. My real education, the superstructure, the details, the
true architecture, I got out of the public library. For an
impoverished child whose family could not afford to buy books, the
library was the open door to wonder and achievement, and I can never
be sufficiently grateful that I had the wit to charge through that
door and make the most of it." (from I. Asimov, 1994)