[asterisk-users] How to monitor asterisk with SNMP?

Markus A. Wipfler markus at infocom.co.ug
Sun Jan 11 14:57:29 CST 2009

On Jan 11, 2009, at 2:43 PM, Grygoriy Dobrovolskyy wrote:

> Can you show me your script please ?

if for example you had 4 trunks then the below should give you the
active channels for each trunk plus  the total, in a cacti
understandable output format.

#!/usr/bin/perl
($trunk1, $trunk2, $trunk3, $trunk4, $total) = (0,0,0,0,0);
@channels = split(/\n/, qx(/usr/bin/sudo /usr/sbin/asterisk -rx 'core
show channels concise'));
foreach $line (@channels) {
     $trunk1++ if ($line =~ m/trunk1/);
     $trunk2++ if ($line =~ m/trunk2/);
     $trunk3++ if ($line =~ m/trunk3/);
     $trunk4++ if ($line =~ m/trunk4/)
}
$total = $trunk1 + $trunk2 + $trunk3 + $trunk4;
print "trunk1:$trunk1 trunk2:$trunk2 trunk3:$trunk3 trunk4:$trunk4
total:$total";
exit 0

> For which version is it ?

am running this with cacti version 0.8.7b

Hope this helps. The cool thing with this is that you can really
customize what you are graphing in cacti.

--
Markus