[asterisk-users] How to monitor asterisk with SNMP?

Benoit maverick at maverick.eu.org
Sun Jan 11 13:50:59 CST 2009

I've given a shot at res_snmp, which does include some interesting
datas, however i see the following
problem:
    The astChanTypeTable if fully dynamic (one can have SIP as row 2
while another at 12, i don't even know if
            the sequence is persistent within one's setup). To create
nice useful cacti templates some consistency would be needed.

    Don't make me wrong, using snmp_queries for examples, if the
channels type numbering is at least persistent within one's setup
      you can make separates graphs for each type. However build one
'summary' graph would be more painfull and wouldn't be an easy
      and portable template, at least at first sight. Maybe someone
could provide help on this one ?

    the astChanTypeTable (yes this one again, well it contain the most
interesting things to graph anyway) is missing an
'astChanTypeChannelCounter'
     similar to network card in/out counter which would provide more
acturate graph over time.
     However i don't know if this is evenly possible right now, will
look into it ..