[asterisk-users] Not Dialing 9

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Sun Jan 11 09:12:36 CST 2009

Gordon Henderson schrieb:
> It's relatively easy to get rid of the prefix in the UK. None of my PBXs
> require you to dial 9 for an outside line, although if you do dial it,
> it's silently dropped.
>
> We have 10 and 11 digit numbers here, but they're relatively easy to cope
> with. Shorter codes like 118xxx are easy to cope with, as are the lesser
> ones, 150, 151, 1471, etc. (just hard-code them in the dial-plan) You can
> even get away from the local prefixes by insisting that all numbers start
> with a zero - which is basically what you have to do with a mobile phone
> in the UK anyway (dial the full 10 or 11 digits, starting with a zero),

If you require the users to always dial the area code then yes,
that works.

> Where I live, we have 5-digit local numbers (they start with a 7), and all
> others start with something other than 7 and are 6 digits long.

Not so in Germany at least. Depending on where you live the subscriber
numbers (the part after the area code) might be anything from 3
(actually 2 for some PRIs but xx0 is the shortest number you can
dial) to 8 digits. And they vary in length, even within the same
local area.

   Philipp Kempgen

--
AMOOCON 2009, May 4-5, Rostock / Germany   ->  http://www.amoocon.de