[asterisk-users] Cisco VoIP QOS

Michael michael at networkstuff.co.nz
Sat Jan 10 03:53:01 CST 2009

I have currently following the instructions at-
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/QoS+Cisco

I am using a Cisco 877 router with an ADSL2+ connection.

My upstream bandwidth is around 1Mbps, and my downstream around 4-5Mbps.

I have two PSTN side interfaces - atm0 and dialer0 (dialer0 is where the ISP
details are configured and the interface that the WAN side IP is applied on)

Now which interface to I apply the QOS on? I would have thought dialer0, but
for some reason this interface does accept is citing that it only
has "56kbps" of bandwidth for some reason.

Now I could fix it's bandwidth at 1000kbps, but as anyone who uses ADSL will
know, this may not be a good idea as ADSL is rate adaptive, meaning that the
bandwidth can increase and decrease due to line conditions.

What do I do?

I tried "bandwidth inherit" though I really don't know how this command works
and it doesn't seem to make it want to 'inherit' the current status of
atm0...

Michael