[asterisk-users] Could you compile mISDN 1.1.8 on Lenny ?

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Sat Jan 10 02:05:56 CST 2009

2009/1/9 Philipp Kempgen <philipp.kempgen at amooma.de>

> Olivier schrieb:
> > Before diving into this, I would very pleased to know if someone could
> yes
> > or no, successfully compile mISDN 1.1.8 on Lenny (latest RC1 or beta2
> > version) ?
>
> > /usr/src/mISDN-1_1_8/drivers/isdn/hardware/mISDN/avm_fritz.c:895:
> warning:
> > passing argument 2 of 'request_irq' from incompatible pointer type
> > make[2]: ***
> [/usr/src/mISDN-1_1_8/drivers/isdn/hardware/mISDN/avm_fritz.o]
> > Erreur 1
>
> Had the same problem.
> mISDN is a pain in the a**.
> It hardly ever compiles out of the box.

Sometimes, I feel a bit discouraged about ISDN/BRI support in Asterisk world

When I'm thinking back to current bristuff, mISDN and Dahdi, I would say we
still have work to do ...
Let me summerize it :
- mISDN: don't compile on 2.6.26 and above, mailing list not responding
these days, any plan or announce to change this ?
- bristuff: no 1.6 version announced, "cause 34" bug, ...
- native Dahdi: still no official version but thanksfully, a 1.6.1 is
awaited

So the only practical way to support ISDN/BRI today in Europe, is to have 2
boxes : one with an up-to-date Asterisk version, one acting as a gateway
betwen IP network and ISDN.

Hopefully, this current situation will improve ...