[asterisk-users] Spurious hangups on Sangoma A102d, Trixbox 2.6.1

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Fri Jan 9 18:40:02 CST 2009

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 7:34 PM, Jeff LaCoursiere <jeff at jeff.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Jan 2009, Steve Totaro wrote:
>

>> $5k for a single T1 is/was pretty much the norm.  Go price non-used T1
>> cards for big proprietary phone systems.
>>

> Thats a copout.  Big proprietary phone systems are expensive by default -
> certainly not to be considered "the norm".
>
> I say it is an expensive solution to my problem when the dual T1 card I am
> using was $850 brand new, and a single T1 from Digium is more like $650, 1
> port from Rhino is $450, etc.  There seem to be lots of choices under $1K
> that should work as well as an external gateway for $5K.  What extra
> features could possibly be worth so much?

I guess dropped calls and echo, onboard DSPs.  One dropped call or
crappy echo on a call could certainly cost you $5k depending what
business you are in.....

Not sure why you are so defensive, I just stated a fact.  As much as
you would like, they are still very much "The Norm", but that is
changing......

--
Thanks,
Steve Totaro