[asterisk-users] Spurious hangups on Sangoma A102d, Trixbox 2.6.1

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Jan 9 18:15:10 CST 2009

On Fri, Jan 09, 2009 at 10:33:44PM +0000, Jeff LaCoursiere wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Jan 2009, Andres wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> >> I have the "full" logging enabled, and here is an excerpt of a call that
> >> was terminated. You can see the conversation lasted about forty seconds
> >> before it was hungup.
> >>

> > What you need to do is figure out who is ordering the call to be
> > hangup.  For that you should enable PRI debuging plus capture all SIP
> > traffic.  When a call drops, you should now be able to see if the remote
> > end sent a DISCONNECT, your SIP phone sent a BYE, or your Asterisk
> > randomily hangup the call.  Otherwise you are just guessing.
> >

> Its not a PRI.  Its an RBS T1 with E&M Wink.  I will try enabling the SIP
> debug, though, that is a good idea.  Is there any kind of extra debugging
> for RBS T1?

No idea, but the driver is much more aware of the specifics. So maybe
their driver has extra debugging information for that case.

For starters, have you enabled full debugging in Asterisk? Make sure you
log 'debug' and set debug to at least 5 . chan_zap / chan_dahdi will at
least tell you what was the immediate case for the hangup:

* signal from Zaptel (kernel)
* Some sort of decision of chan_zap
* Something from the SIP channel
* Something completely different