[asterisk-users] SLA and Polycom

Andrew Joakimsen joakimsen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 22:36:46 CST 2009

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 23:39, Noah Miller <noahisaacmiller at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mark -
>
>>> You really want to do SLA with all 23 lines of the PRI?  That's a
>>> lotta lines to be shared.  You'd need two sidecars for each phone
>>> (Cisco or Polycom).
>>>
>> Actually there will be multiple PRI's :)
>>
>> This customer is a multi-tenant situation so each tenant will have a few
>> trunk SLA's and maybe some extension SLA's.
>
> Aha.  That makes more sense.
>

>> This is, they will if
>> a) it's do-able
>> b) it works on Polycom as I don't see anything coming back from the
>> phone when I designate a line key as shared.
>
> I don't believe that Polycom's version of SLA does anything with
> Asterisk.  You have to use asterisk's SLA implementation
> (http://www.asterisk.org/node/48342).

I believe that SLA on the Polycom phones is based on the "Broadsoft
SIP" implementation.

You can read more about it here:
http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_advanced_page.php?bug_id=11688

Mark, you will be very dissapointed with the Asterisk SLA "feature."
Caller ID does not work, neither will the redial or call logs on your
phone. In the sense that the line is shared, yes it is. But that's
where the function ends too. I would say the feature is in alpha
testing right now -- it can not be used in a production environment.
You will not find much information about it, I assume because those
that have actually gotten it to work realized its more of a joke than
anything and gave up on trying to use it.