[asterisk-users] Chan_alsa stops working on 1.4.22

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Wed Jan 7 10:38:23 CST 2009

     I recently did an upgrade from 1.4.18 to 1.4.22 and now I am having a
problem with chan_alsa.  It seems to work for a while but after a few pages I
start getting this error:

[Jan  7 10:35:14] ERROR[26164]: chan_alsa.c:693 alsa_read: Read error:
Resource temporarily unavailable

     This server is an old installation running on Fedora Core 6.  Up to
1.4.18 paging used to work fine.  Now the client tells me that they hear a
strange noise and a few seconds of ringing on their PA system.  Anyone know a
solution?  Is this a bug?

--
Carlos Chavez
Director de Tecnología