[asterisk-users] CISCO 7940 United_States/7960-tones.xml

Mark G. Thomas Mark at Misty.com
Wed Jan 7 10:26:57 CST 2009

Mikel,

On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 12:52:02AM +1100, Mikel Lindsaar wrote:
> I have a smartnet contract for this phone, and have searched high and
> low for this file on the Cisco website.
>
> I need:
>
> United_States/7960-tones.xml
> English_United_States/7960-font.xml
>
> Every road seems to lead to the Call manager express downloads... I
> don't have a CME, so that's basically useles.

Those files aren't directly included in the CME downloads. I think
their contents must be included in the binary phone load or internal
to CME.

Using CME, if one sets "cnf-file location flash:", then does
a "create cnf-files", they are then written out to the CCME flash,
however they default to being on "system:", not the tftp server flash.

Have you tried resetting your phone to factory defaults -- "**#" to
unlock the settings menu? You might not actually need these files.

Mark

--
Mark G. Thomas (Mark at Misty.com)
http://mail-cleaner.com/