[asterisk-users] Bad Audio : linux-2.6.24-etchnhalf.1-686 / asterisk-1.2.27 / zaptel-1.2.24 / libpri-1.2.5 / HP ML110 G5

Ex Vito ex.vitorino at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 22:31:00 CST 2009

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 8:37 AM, Nick Wolf <newx22 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I forgot to describe the audio problem, well, I experience micro cuts in the
> voice, this does not happen during the whole call, it happens during 2
> seconds then audio becomes normal, & then back again 2 or 3 seconds then
> goes away.

  I'd start by checking for interrupt conflicts / sharing on the system.
  cat /proc/interrupts... also check your zap timing accuracy (was it zaptest ?)

  It looks as if there is some periodic IO (disk?) activity that is leading
  to bad audio.

  (also: check your logs !) :-)

  Then I'd add that the first impressions with the ML110 G5 were not
  very good regarding IO activity and the PCI bus... Not really sure
  what it was, as it was in the context of a few quick tests we did during
  the summer, but I think we had to change the BIOS defaults for the
  disk controller or something because we were getting really sloooooow IO
  from them.

  Question: Any particular reason to run 1.2 instead of something more
  recent ?
--
  exvito