[asterisk-users] snom 320's creating inappropriate conferencecalls

Torbjörn Abrahamsson torbjorn.abrahamsson at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 11:08:16 CST 2009

> On 3 Jan 2009, at 16:24, Michael Boers wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 10:55 AM, Steve Howes <steve at geekinter.net>
> > wrote:
> user places a
> two calls
> >>
> >> Its called an attended transfer... Its meant to happen...
> >>

> > I appreciate the attended transfer capabilities of asterisk, I just
> > thought that is what the transfer button was for.
>
> No, thats for unattended transfers. And its of the phone
> rather than asterisk (i believe.)
>
> >  I need to know howto allow a user to juggle two different calls on
> > hold without accidentally connecting them together.  On some phone
> > systems the
> > sequence:
> >
> > 1.  Receive Call #1 and place on hold
> > 2.  Place Call #2 and hang up
> >
> > Does not connect Call #1 & #2 together.
> >
> > Is there a different sequence I should use in this situation?
>
> Hang up with the X, or turn off attended transfers in the
> phone config.

No need to disable attended transfers (don't know if that is even possible),
the on-hook behavior can be turned off. I think the setting is called
"Transfer on on-hook", or something like it, located on the advanced page in
the web interface. Set it to off, and the attended transfers will now need a
press on the Transfer key to be completed.

// Tobbe