[asterisk-users] snom 320's creating inappropriate conference calls

Michael Boers michaelscotttech at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 10:24:03 CST 2009

On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 10:55 AM, Steve Howes <steve at geekinter.net> wrote:
> On 3 Jan 2009, at 15:50, Michael Boers wrote:
>> With asterisk 1.2.17 and snom 320 version 6.2.23, if a user places a
>> call on hold, then places another call and hangs up, the two calls are
>> conferenced together.  What is causing this and how to I stop it?
>
> Its called an attended transfer... Its meant to happen...

I appreciate the attended transfer capabilities of asterisk, I just
thought that is what the transfer button was for.  I need to know how
to allow a user to juggle two different calls on hold without
accidentally connecting them together.  On some phone systems the
sequence:

1.  Receive Call #1 and place on hold
2.  Place Call #2 and hang up

Does not connect Call #1 & #2 together.

Is there a different sequence I should use in this situation?