[asterisk-users] Continue in dialplan on hangup

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Fri Feb 27 17:11:23 CST 2009

On Friday 27 February 2009 17:02:16 Daniel Hazelbaker wrote:
> > Or, if you're using Asterisk 1.6 and looking to try something new,
> > take a look
> > at http://messinet.com/AsteriskFAXGateway
>
> I'll take a look at both packages.  I hadn't given HylaFAX(+) any
> thought as when I searched initially I found just the "old" version of
> HylaFAX that last had a release in 2007, which makes me a bit
> nervous. :)

hylafax is excellent.  i used it myself.  i was just looking to try and start
something "simpler".  also, hylafax uses the concept of modems, so even if
you're doing an all-software solution, you'll still need iaxmodem or t38modem.
in asterisk 1.6, the SendFAX and ReceiveFAX applications do all of that work
for you and all you need is a way to streamline getting faxes into and out of
asterisk.  in my case, with the AsteriskFAXGateway, it's e-mail.  but if you
look at the script, it's just a bash script and rather than having incoming
faxes be e-mailed, just have them go to a printer.

here is the current script:
http://messinet.com/viewvc/asterisk-fax-gw/trunk/fax-gw?view=markup

on a side note, i'dlove some folks who are willing to test and help me work
out scenarios that i've not thought of.  there has been interest on digium's
side of getting this to be part of the default tarball, but i'd like to get
some testing and feedback (and devel help) before i do that.

-a

8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E